Thursday 13 March 2014

What is a quote from Frankenstein that shows how Victor was filled with grief and sadness due to the deaths that the monster caused, or that the...

Whenfirst learns of 's death in a letter from , he is overwhelmed with grief, although
he does not yet know thatwas responsible. The sad news motivates Victor to hurry home to his
family. Among the many feelings that beset him, melancholy, fear, and dread are among his
emotions:

My journey was very melancholy. At first I
wished to hurry on, for I longed to console and sympathise with my loved and sorrowing friends;
but when I drew near my native town, I slackened my progress. I could hardly sustain the
multitude of feelings that crowded into my mind. . . . Fear overcame me; I dared no advance,
dreading a thousand nameless evils that made me tremble, although I was unable to define
them.

When he goes to the site of the murder, he
glimpses a shadowy figure and knows immediately that it is "the wretch, the filthy d¦mon,
to whom I had given life." As the epiphany that the creature killed William strikes him,
Victor wonders if the creature might have killed...

href="https://www.gutenberg.org/files/84/84-h/84-h.htm">https://www.gutenberg.org/files/84/84-h/84-h.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...