Wednesday 5 April 2017

What are three significant passages from "The Lovely Bones"? or a device of symbolism. and i also need the page num for each of those:) so please...

Here are
three important passages from that show how Abigail deals with the loss of
her daughter.

Chapter 3

She had a stare
that stretched to infinity. She was, in that moment, not my mother but something separate from
me. I looked at what I had never seen as anything but Mom. . . . Ocean Eyes, my father called
her. . . . And now I understood the name. I had thought it was because they were blue, but now I
saw it was because they were bottomless in a way that I found frightening.


This first quote shows that Abigail wants more than just
motherhood. She had dreams and plans that were derailed when her children were born. She spends
time in the morning being a regular person, not just a mother. Susie sees this moment and feels
intrigued and confused by it. Abigail loves her children but resents the loss of herself and her
dreams.

Chapter 16

Weve had the
memorial, she said. Thats done for me. Whats done?. . . . She leaned slightly forward. . .
....

No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...