Friday 28 April 2017

In chapter 7, what quote suggest that Victor views the creature as a part of himself?

After a period of mourning, begins to return home. As he does approaches the place of
his brother's murder, he feels a darkness closing in around him:


Night also closed around; and when I could hardly see the dark mountains, I felt still
more gloomily. The picture appeared a vast and dim scene of evil, and I foresaw
obscurely that I was destined to become the most wretched of human beings
. Alas!
I prophesied truly, and failed only in one single circumstance, that in all the misery I
imagined and dreaded, I did not conceive the hundredth part of the anguish I was destined to
endure.

The wording in bold is eerily similar to the
phrasing that Victor also uses to describe :

How can I
describe my emotions at this catastrophe, or how delineate the
wretch whom with such infinite pains and care I had endeavoured to
form? (Chapter 5)

I beheld the wretchthe
miserable monster whom I had created. (Chapter 5)

The porter opened the
gates of the court, which had that night been...



No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...