Sunday 6 March 2016

'If there is no life after death, there is no point in behaving morally.' 'If there is no life after death, there is no point in behaving morally.'

As a
secular humanist, I believe the exact opposite of this thread topic. Since there is no
afterlife, all that matters is how we treat those around us every day. The only impact we have
is here on Earth, now, while we are living. Kudos to poster #8, by the way. I've heard that I'm
somehow "immoral" at several different points in my life due to my lack of faith in an
organized religion. Yet on the contrary, I find myself rather liberated by its absence, and I am
pleased with the fact that I am using my reason and critical thinking skills as a human being to
determine my own morality. Which, as I've mentioned, consists of practicing kindness,
compassion, and acceptance for others while I exist.

I would also dare
suggest that those who follow moral guidelines based solely on their belief in an afterlife are
in fact selfish, rather than altruistic as they may imagine themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...