Sunday 7 February 2016

What feelings and opinions does Alice Walker evoke in her readers with her short story Everyday Use?

Another
feeling that Alice walker evoked in reading the story is sentimentality.  It is felt by
visualizing the items being discussed in the story as part of the past.  The quilts, the
bench, and the churn were all things made with time, love, devotion and
sometimes hardship. Appreciation is another feeling the story conveyed to me. It made me have a
greater appreciation for things from my past.  I have alot of embroidered pictures, tablecloths
and napkins that my grandmother made and I haven't used them because I've been afraid I would
ruin them, but after reading this story I have begun to use them and reminesce about my own past
and moments that I had with my Grandmother.  The power of words is amazing!  They can make your
life take on a whole new meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...