Sunday 1 March 2015

What quote from the play Romeo and Juliet deals with characters being forced to face reality?

I suppose
there are many examples of characters being forced to face reality throughout , but my favorites
is the scene betweenandthat takes place in Act 3, scene v after they have shared the marriage
bed and Romeo knows that day is breaking and he must leave, but Juliet begs him to
stay.
Romeo And Juliet : Act 3, scene v, 11-13, 16, 17-27, 30-36
ROMEO I
must be gone and live, or stay and die.
JULIETYon light is not daylight, I know it,
I.
It is some meteor that the sun exhales...
Therefore stay yet. Thou
need'st not to be gone.

ROMEOLet me be ta'en. Let me be put to
death.
I am content, so thou wilt have it so.
I'll say yon grey is not the
morning's eye.
20'Tis but the pale reflex of Cynthia's brow.
Nor that is not
the lark, whose notes do beat
The vaulty heaven so high above our heads.
I
have more care to stay than...













No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...