Wednesday 4 June 2014

'The city both offers and restricts possibility' (Lehan, The City of Literature'). Discuss this statement refering to "Araby."

One way of discussing
this statement with reference to this brilliant story would be to explore the way in which the
city provides an apt environment for the narrator to develop and explore his romantic fantasies
unchecked. When he goes to the market, for example, he sees around him sights that help spur on
his romantic illusions and thoughts, as the following quote describes:


These noises converged in a single sensation of life for me: I
imagined that I bore my...

No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...