Monday 29 July 2013

In what ways did God reassure Moses with each of his excuses in the Bible/Torah?

The excuses
are offered in chapters three and four of Exodus.

When God, speaking in the
voice from the burning bush, first sends Moses to speak to Pharoah and demand that he release
the Israelites, Moses replies to God, "Who am I that I should to to Pharaoh, and bring the
sons of Israel out of Egypt?" (Ex. 3:11) God replies,


I will be with you; and this shall be the sign for you, that I have sent you: when you
have brought forth the people out of Egypt, you shall serve God upon this mountain. (Ex.
3:12)

Moses tries to argue that the Israelites might
doubt his authority to lead them.

If I come to the People
of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask
me,...

href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses

No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...