Saturday 5 August 2017

In Oedipus Rex, how does Scene 1 compare with the Prologue in presenting the character of Oedipus?

Asbegins his search for
the person responsible for the misfortune of Thebes, there is tremendous dramaticas each of
thethat come forth to present evidence are reluctant to do so, as they either know or suspect
what Oedipus has yet to discover - that he is searching for himself. This demonstrates the
change in Oedipus between theand Scene 1.

In the Prologue Oedipus is
presented as a model king:

Tell me, and never doubt that I
will help you

In every way I can; I should be heartless


Were I not moved to find you suppliant here.


Clearly Oedipus shows that he is...

No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...