Friday 24 March 2017

In The Lovely Bonesdoes someone say, "You loved him more than he loved you"? I've been thinking of this quote since I read the book last week and can't...

I just
read Sebold's novel once again with your question (as well as many others) in mind.  I can
firmly tell you that this quote is most certainly NOT in the book.  However, there is certainly
a discussion of love in some form.  Ray Singh has a romantic love for Susie.  There is also
agape love in the novel itself.  Susie's father feels that kind of unconditional love for his
daughter.  This is probably best revealed on page 279:


His devotion to me had made me know again and again that I had been beloved.  In the
warm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...