Saturday 12 November 2016

How was greed displayed throughout "The Odyssey"? What are some examples?

Greed is a
common theme throughout the Odyssey.

The first reference
referring to greed is described early in Book I, when Odysseus's son Telemachus is speaking to
Athene discussing the suitors who want to marry his mother Penelope.  He states, "as many
as lord it in rocky Ithaca, all these woo my mother and waste my house...so they devour and
diminish my house."  This cites one example of greed on the part of the suitors.


Another reference to greed may be found in Book 18 when Eurymachus entertains his
friends at Odysseus's house.  He addresses the...

No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...