Sunday 4 September 2016

Social Environment Could Pygmaliontake place in a different country, a country with a different language? Or is it a play specifically about England...

According to
post 3, languages other than English do not have the variety of accents that would allow the
play to retain its uniqueness. Since I am not a linguist or speaker of any language other than
English I can only make an educated guess here, but I really doubt that other globally spoken
languages such as French and Spanish do not have a wide variety of accents that depend on a
speaker's location and social station. With that in mind, I would think thatcould probably be
adapted to many other languages.

However, I have to admit that
if...

No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...