Monday 5 October 2015

My Family Paragraph

I very much
enjoyed your paragraph and the portrait of your family! If you'd like to revise with a focus on
only grammatical issues (as opposed to the questions of style and personal taste that mwestwood
addresses above), here's where I would start:

There's an article missing in
the line "She was a single mom for long time"the phrase is usually "for
a long time." (Articles are tough.)

The
sentence "My younger brother is studying in grade 10 at Overfelt high school" sounds
grammatically correct to me, but "studying in grade 10" is a phrase that I've heard
less often. The more typical way to express that idea might be: "My younger brother is
in 10th grade at Overfelt High School." (Also, in the name of
the high school, the words "high school" are usually capitalizedso "I go to high
school" is just fine, but if you say "I go to Overfelt High School" it has to be
capitalized as part of the name "Overfelt High School.")

"He
always walks or takes the bus to school because he doesn't has driver" is really close!
"Has" should reflect the auxiliary verb "does" (or here "doesn't")
next to it: "He always walks or takes the bus to school because he doesn't
have driver." "Driver" also needs an article:
"he doesn't have driver."

"He
always jokes and tells something funny" is also really close! The only thing is that
"tell" usually takes a direct object (meaning you have to
tell someone). So how about: "He always jokes and
says something funny"? Or maybe "He always jokes and
tells me funny things"?

"He is a
dynamic and talkative" gives me a great picture of your brother's personality! The only
grammar problem here is the article (again, articles are tough). "Dynamic" is an
adjective (not a noun) so it doesn't require an article. You can just say, "He is dynamic
and talkative."

I understand the phrase "we always spend a good
time together" with no problems! I think the more typical phrase, though, is "we
always have a good time together."

Those
are the only grammatical questions I had! Your family sounds wonderful. Best of luck with your
studies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...