Monday 7 September 2015

In Death of a Salesman, what does Biff learn? In Death of a Salesman, what does Biff learn?

At the
conclusion of the play, Biff has learned, or at least finally acknowledged, the truth about his
own life and his father's life. He tells his father that they are both "a dime a
dozen" and that neither of them is "a leader of men." Biff recognizes that some
kind of decent life is waiting for him "the minute I say I know who I am!"


Biff also understands how destructive his father's lifetime of denial has been for both
of them. "I'm nothing! I'm nothing, Pop . . . . Will you let me go, for Christ's sake? Will
you take that phony dream and burn it before something happens?" Biff's words are quite
true and foreshadow Willy's suicide at the play's conclusion.

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...