Thursday 4 June 2015

Please explain the connections between the major themes and characters in "The Scarlet Letter". which theme is represented by each character? For...

Everything
has offered is fine, but I don't think thatis a hypocrite.  This seems like a
difficult argument to make considering that he hides his sin; but hiding ones sins doesn't make
on a hypocrite.  As I have said (perhaps too often), Dimmesdale's identity, perhaps even his
being,  depends on his identity as minister.  He continues to minister not so that he can
pretend to be something that he isn't (my definition of hypcracy), but because of who he is. 
It's hard to feel for a hypocrite; I have always felt for Dimmesdale.  I trust not all will
agree.

I am also suspicious when an...

No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...