Wednesday 27 August 2014

What are important quotes from chapter 5-12 in To Kill a Mockingbird?


[Sometimes] the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whiskey bottle in the
hand ofoh, of your father. (5)

Sometimes the most pious
people are the most destructive.  Since religion was used as an excuse for racial prejudice and
discrimination, this is an important statement.

Ashad once
advised me to do, I tried to climb into s skin and walk around in it. (7)


You cant really understand why another person does something unless
you put yourself in the persons place.

"[If] I didnt
[defend Tom Robinson] I couldnt hold up my head in town"(9)


Atticus explains tothat he is defending Tom Robinson because he feels it is the right
thing to do.  It is an indication that to Atticus, a persons moral code is more important than
facing community condemnation.

I hope and pray I can get
Jem and Scout through it without bitterness, and most of all, without catching Maycombs usual
disease. Why reasonable people go stark raving mad when anything involving a...


]]>

No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...