Sunday 16 February 2014

In My Soul To Keep, My Weight to Lose, Randall believes her poor health is the result of too much sacrifice and not enough self-care. What part of...

Your question
states that Alice Randall claims her poor health is caused by "too much sacrifice and not
enough self care." If you are trying to find out which part of this statement is more
convincing, you may want to select "not enough self care" as your answer.


The reason is that, in her article "My Soul to Keep, My Weight to Lose,"
Randall states over and over that the main issue with her weight loss troubles involves being
unaware of how much weight she has gained. Yes, she also mentions the issue about making too
many sacrifices, but her claims about "sacrifice" cannot be quantified as well as her
claims about weight gain. Therefore, what constitutes a "sacrifice" to Alice Randall
may or may not be in agreement with what the rest of society considers to be "a
sacrifice."

Weight gain, however, is a universal concern that can be
easily quantified. Moreover, it also comes with causes and effect that are easy to detect and
are also widely know. One of those effects is poor health.

Hence, her
argument is convincing all-around; however, the only part that you can actually be able to
verify within any parameters is the weight gain/weight loss issue.


I didn't know one of the basic facts of my own lifehow much I weighed. How far up was I
from my own slavery if I didn't get down from my obesity? Part of me thought the question was
too trivial. Part of me was too afraid to know."


href="http://www.alicerandall.com/bio">http://www.alicerandall.com/bio
href="https://as.vanderbilt.edu/aads/cv/Alice-Randall-CV.pdf">https://as.vanderbilt.edu/aads/cv/Alice-Randall-CV.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...