Wednesday 2 October 2013

What is the difference between the Magna Carta and the Bill of Rights? I have to write an essay on this topic explaining the difference. By the way,...

I recently did
research on both Magna Carta and Bill of Rights, to prepare for teaching a lesson on Documents
of Freedom, in a boy's camp.  Yet I could not give the answer to this question without much
additional research.  I suggest that you get the two documents and compare them.  Find all
things that are alike between them.  This will leave all things that are different.


I recommend to you, on the Magna Carta, A.E. Dick Howard's Magna Carta: Text
& Commentary
, University of Virginia Press (1998).  It is a very small
book.

A book that is very good on the Bill of Rights is Levy, Leonard W.
1999. Origins of the Bill of Rights. New Haven: Yale University Press.  It
is also a small book, though not as small as Howard.  I think Levy may tell you which provisions
of the Bill of Rights have origins in the Magna Carta, so that you can tell that everything else
is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...