Tuesday 4 October 2016

What are some likes and dislikes of the play Oedipus Rex?

According
Aristotles Poetics,is the perfect example of a ; I cannot agree more. In
light of this, there are few negative points that I can make about this masterpiece. The only
aspect of the play that I do not like is that the reader is left wondering what will happen to .
Yes, hisled to his downfall, but he is a noble charactercan he be redeemed?will give an answer
in a later play, . That said, some indication, even a line, would have been
great.

As for what I like, I will have to limit myself to a few comments. I
loved the theme of blindness and sight. Thehere is insightful. Oedipus only truly sees who he
really is when he is blind physically; , the blind old seer, sees the whole time. This literary
point is applicable to our world today: those who should see often do not, and those who seem to
know little see almost preternaturally. Here is one quote from the work that plays with this
theme:

. . . blind, though...


No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...