Sunday 5 January 2014

Career Plan Of A Future Teacher

My evaluation
is highly invested in the Common Core State Standards, so my professional growth has been around
coming to grips with what those standards are about and how to infuse those in my classrooom.
I've mentioned this in a few other posts, and I should really start a thread for discussion
around it as well, but I am part of the LDC (Literacy Design Collaborative), which was created
in order to help instructors with an avenue and method of teaching the Common Core. This was
really designed by teachers for teachers, particularly non-literacy or English Language Arts
teachers. But if there is to be a major focus on literacy in non- and skills centering on
evidence gathering and critical thinking and persuasion, then all teachers need to be a part of
that movement. 

My professional growth has pushed me towards LDC and creating
"modules", independently and collaboratively with other teachers in the district /
country. What the module allows me to provide is a direction for my evaluator, a day by day
breakdown of my instruction, the specific core and state standards that I am addressing with
each day, and the formative product, which is better than any other produce I've been able to
get my students to produce, that functions as the necessary data for me to guide my instruction
and have a discussion with my evaluator. With each module, I know I am directly hooked into
common core and that I am doing the necessary instruction for my students to be successful.
Thus, my evaluation and growth plans are aligned and positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In 1984, is Julia a spy? Please provide specific examples from the book. My teacher says that he knows of 17 pieces of evidence which proves that Julia...

There is some evidence to suggest thatwas a spy throughout 's classic novel . Julia portrays herself as a loyal admirer of Big ...